Thursday 12 January 2012

What Leeroy Bought Today.


So today (well, technically yesterday now) I decided to go on a little early morning trip to Chester. To be honest, this was just a last minute decision due to lack of sleep and a much needed appetite for so retail therapy.

There wasn't really much stuff of interest to me (okay, that's a lie I just can't afford the stuff I really want) but I somehow managed to window-shop for about 5 hours until I found two nice gems.

White Noise Sweater
From: H&M
Label: H&M
Price: £10

Burgundy Chinos
From: Primark
Label: Cedarwood State
Price: £15

I have this new 'thing' about changing up my fashion choices this year drastically and being more adventerous than I usually have in the past. I don't take many risks so when it comes to new clothes, I decided they would be my risk taking moments.
When chinos first became popular, I hated them. However, I recently gave them a shot and they're so comfortable to wear and walk around in. Especially my new ones. But yes, the chinos may represent modern hipster chic. Which, if I'm being frank, is not a scene I want to be associated with. However, you can take something from a trend and always make it your own with the right styling. In addition to that, it's in my opinion as a somewhat fashionista (even if I do sometimes wear denim top to bottom...) that when you're dressed to your best, there should be a little bit of classic mixed in with your modern tastes. Or vice versa. Which brings me to the sweater.
As my friends, lack of readers and perhaps some Tumblr peepers will know, I am a huge fan of grunge. Grunge music, grunge icons, grunge fashion. Three words that stand well next to the famous 90s movement. Which is why when I spotted this sweater at H&M, on sale, I couldn't resist it's calling to me. In my closet there are alot of grunge influenced clothes or clothes I can make look somewhat grungey, however I think this is one of the closest thing so far to something I can imagine was a popular thing to wear back in the 90s. I'm actually sure I recall seeing Kate Moss wearing something similar in her heroin chic days. I'll most probably wear it with some laddered jeans and my new chinos. It's comfortable enough to wear for loungy days at home or just a casual day out.

And yes, I would just like to see that the picture is awful... I can't pose for shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment