Sunday 24 July 2011

Issue #1: Faded Blue Blazer.


Price: £4.99
From: Oxfam
Label: New Man

I purchased this from Oxfam in Chester last week. It instantly caught my eye because of it's faded vintage appearance. Oxfam labeled it as being size 'L' although when I tried it on it was pretty over-sized which was great! I love over-sized blazers as it has a very 80s appeal to it, just look at Duckie's style from Pretty in Pink for example. But yeah, it has no labels indicating it's size just that it's by a clothing line called New Man. I don't know how old the item is but it looks pretty 'worn'. If that's the labels intended look or the previous owners doing, I don't know, but either way it looks great!

I researched New Man but didn't find out much about them. Just that they're a French based clothing company. Their website has a very 'designer' feel to it. Check it out for yourselves at http://corpo.newman.fr/en/

I haven't really wore it yet so I haven't 'tested' what looks good with it really. But I imagine it would look great with some light chinos or black skinny jeans and a faded vintage T-shirt. In terms of shoes I would probably wear it with slip ons or military/lesbian boots. I'll have to give it a try. And for that OTT John Hughes 80s teen look for all your angsty needs, add some cheap white rimmed sunnies [as pictured above].

In a bizzle, guys! x

No comments:

Post a Comment